Welcome to my site! My name is Belinda Cunnison and I run a professional copy editing service, with an emphasis on humanities and social sciences, and have considerable experience with academic writers including those with non-native English.
Apart from academic copy editing, which forms the bulk of my work, I have proofread corporate literature for a local design company, and worked on website content for Bloomsbury.
I am a professional member of SFEP and observe its code of practice.
Recent training includes On-screen Editing I and II (September 2014) (Society for Editors and Proofreaders).
Copy editing for publishersI can copy edit on screen or hard copy, promptly and to a high standard. As a copy editor I will:
- Check the text for clarity and accuracy
- Check styles and typography against house style
- Check that necessary permissions are obtained for illustrations
- Ensure that all information is consistently presented and that cross-
references are correct
- Check that illustrations are accurate and clear and that captions are
consistent; cross-check contents page with headings and illustrations
in the text, and ensure that presentation of contributors' names and
affiliations in multi-author texts is consistent; other checks as required
- Identify anomalies that I cannot resolve and raise them with the
- Track changes if required
- Tag the whole manuscript for typesetting